Your Runners E-Course
Lesson 2: Shin Splints
SHIN SPLINTS – A runner’s worst enemy
In today’s lesson, we cover the following topics:
- What can cause shin splints, and why it’s so common in with runners!;
- How to assess our single leg stability and control as it relates to our foot and shin; and
- How to treat shin splints.
Once you’ve completed the above lesson, make sure to incorporate any of the below exercises (depending on what you’ve found with the assessment portion of the lesson):
- The Shin Release: grab yourself a release ball or a foam roller (find out what we recommend on our equipment page) and get started.
- The Runner Stretch: One of the best ankle and calf stretches around to add more range of motion and bending to your ankle.
- Banded (or Unbanded) calf raise with ball squeeze: This is an amazingly functional exercise that will challenge your lower leg control all while strengthening your shins!
Stay tuned for next week’s lesson where we tackle how to assess and treat your ankles!
For any questions or feedback, feel free to email us at email@example.com!